Ableton Live Courses
All Ableton programs and courses at The Harbourside Institute of Technology are taught by an Ableton Certified Instructor.
Ableton Live 9 is covered extensively in the Audio Engineering and Music Production program ..info
For those students who want to specialize in Electronic Music Production, the EMPA diploma program is an exciting option.
See the 3 Course Outlines Below:
This hands on workshop is designed to unlock the basics of electronic music production in Ableton Live.
$299.99 + Taxes (includes free copy of Ableton’s book, Making Music – 74 Creative Strategies for Producers)
Ableton Live is a dynamic and empowering tool for every stage of the musical process, from composition to production to live performance.
Whether you are a producer or dj, sound designer or composer, the versatility of Ableton Live makes it the ideal tool for both beginners and experts alike.
Questions? Email HitMe@HarboursideIT.com or Call us at 604.980.2882
- The Geography of Ableton
- Session View and Ableton’s Unique Workﬂow
- Drum and Midi Programming
- Basics of Lives Instruments and Audio Efects
- Mapping Controllers
- Recording into Live
- Composing in Arrangement View
No previous experience required***
Pre-requisite: AEMP diploma program
A 6 month full spectrum Electronic Music Production diploma program, specializing in creating, recording, producing, live performance, and career development.
The main platform used is Ableton Live 9, but students also work in Pro Tools and have the opportunity to become certified in Pro Tools 101 and 110.
- 4 hours per day,
- 5 days per week.
From concept through to barcode, students are fully immersed in the process of creating and releasing their own music, including, concept development, writing and composition, recording, mixing, mastering, branding, social media marketing, publicity, sales, traditional marketing, distribution and Live DJ / visual performance.
- Ableton Live 9 Activate
- Electronic Music Theory
- Midi, Synthesis and Sound Design
- ProTools 201
- ProTools 210
- Studio Recording
- Third Party Plug – Ins and Hardware
- Ableton Live 9 – Advanced Production & Processing Techniques
- The Art of Mixing and Mastering
- DJ & Performance
- Visual Performance
- Music Business
- Push Lab
- Installation and Setup
- The Geography of Ableton’s Interface
- Managing Files
- Clip overview and parameters
- Using Audio Effects: Tweaking Your Sound
- MIDI & Key Controls: Using Live with MIDI Controllers
- Editing Your Arrangement: Refining Your Production in the Arrange View
- Customizing Global Preferences: Making Live Your Own
- Routing & Group Tracks: Directing Your Signal Flow
- Beat Slicing: Slicing Samples with Live’s Ultimate Rhythm Tool
- Hot Swapping: Browsing New Sounds, Effects and Grooves on the Fly
- Using VST/AU Plug-Ins: 3rd-Party Instruments and Effects
- The Groove Pool: Shuffle, Swing and Timing
- MIDI Effects: Live’s Little Helpers
- Integrating External Hardware: Using Your Gear with Live
- Dummy Clips: Triggering Programmed Automations in the Session View
- Advanced MIDI Editing: Step Recording, Note Stretching and more
- External Sync : Synchronizing Live with Drum machines or other systems
- Rewire Live: Be the Master.. or the Slave
- Introduction to Max for Live
- Advanced Arrangement Editing: Freezing, Flattening and Mixing
- Push Lab