Advanced Recording Artist Program
Sign a record deal with HIT Records and Maximum Music / EMI.
The ARA program and Hit Records was developed to provide students with the opportunity of collaborating with award winning Engineers, Producers and Artist Management, while gaining hands-on experience working inside an artist run record label. Under the guidance of faculty advisors Mike Rogerson (Green Day, Goo Goo Dolls, Sheryl Crow), Sam Ryan (SOS Music) and Brian Watson (Maximum Music Group), this 3 month diploma program is designed to take you through the entire production process, from concept to final product where students will be involved in all aspects of recording and releasing music, including, A&R, Artist Development, Sales, Marketing, Promotion and Publicity. Students will have access to some of Vancouver’s top studio musicians to assist in the recording stages of their production.
The program also includes advanced 200 level Pro Tools certification courses.
- Students will define, plan, produce, and package their project of choice, which will become the start of their professional portfolio.
- Students will garner real world Music Business experience by their involvement in the release of their product through Maximum Music/EMI and HIT Records.
- Students will achieve a higher level of knowledge in Music and Song Writing as it relates to their release.
- Students will achieve a higher professional level in Pro Tools with certification in the 200 level courses.
- Discussion and determination of Project Concepts
- Selecting material by process of Analysis and Elimination
- Identifying the markets for each project
- Record release contracts
- Planning and preparation for release date
- Demo Production
- Perfecting Arrangements and Lyrics
- Record Production
- Booking Studio and Session Musicians
- Preparation of full Production Calendar
- Production Budget
- Recording of Beds
- Instrument Overdubbing
- Vocal Recording – if applicable
- Development and writing of Integrated Marketing Plan:
- Radio Promotion
- D2F Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Press Release
- One Sheet
- Biography, Credits & Discography